This ad is expired.
Community College Police Officer
San Diego Community College District
Position Number: 009832
Position Type: Classified
Applications are currently being accepted for Community College Police Officer in College Police with the San Diego Community College District. Hours vary. Selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the department's needs.
Lateral Entry: Applicant must possess a California Basic P.O.S.T. Certificate, and have been employed as a sworn full-time Peace Officer as defined in Section 830.1, 830.2 (a, b, c, d), 830.32, or 830.33 of the California Penal Code with a California law enforcement agency within two (2) years from the date of offer of employment; or possess a Basic Course Waiver; or have completed the P.O.S.T. requalification course as described in P.O.S.T. regulations under Title 11, Division 2, Section 1008 of the California Code of Regulations.
Police Academy Graduates: Applicant must be within two months of graduation from an Accredited P.O.S.T. Academy at time of application. Candidates must have successfully completed the academy and possess an Academy P.O.S.T. Certificate prior to an offer of employment.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
Major factors to be evaluated for this classification will include knowledge of:
- Laws of search, seizure and arrest;
- Principles and practices of supervision and training;
- Law enforcement and security methods;
- Traffic laws and vehicle control procedures;
- Rules and regulations regarding safety and conduct; centralized communications system and procedures;
- Use, care and safety requirements for firearms;
- Basic criminal investigation techniques and procedures; rules of evidence;
- Record-keeping techniques; and,
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
A successful candidate must demonstrate the ability and skill to:
- Enforce pertinent laws, rules and regulations with tact, firmness and diplomacy;
- Administer basic first aid;
- Organize and write clear and concise reports;
- Analyze situations and respond effectively;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Understand and follow oral and written directions;
- Train and provide work direction to assigned personnel;
- Meet schedules and timelines;
- Utilize firearms in a safe manner consistent with district policies.
Range 33 ($5,602.16 - $7,679.18) per month based on the current Police Officers Association (POA) Salary Schedule.
Initial salary placement is commensurate with related experience and promotional rules. The District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid: medical, dental, and vision plans; sick and vacation leave; and opportunities for professional development. Initial Salary Placement, Promoted or transferred employees will be placed according to the POA - Police Officers Association Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is FLSA Non-Exempt and may accrue overtime. A temporary probationary period will be applied to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements and handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency